Resolved
3.0

Hotel was clean and had a room with both refrigerator & microwave.We had a nice view and staff seemed courteous when checking in at 2:30 pm.

We went down to the front desk at 3:00 pm for directions to see some sights, then left the hotel. We returned 4 hours later to find the hotel staff, on direction of the Front Office Supervisor, Becky Chapman, entered our room and put a notice from same Supervisor at our TV which is more than 16 feet into our room. Our suitcases, personal items, including jewelry were open in the room. Never have I seen where staff enters your room to give you a notice that the elevator will not be working for two hours.

I understand putting a letter on the door or under the door, but to come 16 feet into your room without notification and when your not there is an invasion of your privacy! I called down to the front desk to get an answer. I spoke with this Becky Chapman, who told me that is was the hotel's right for the housekeeping and maintenance to come into our room whenever they needed to. The only way they would not come in to put this notice 16 feet into our room is if I had put the "do not disturb" on our door.

I told her I disagreed and was going to report this to Marriott, which I did. Let's see what they do? I feel violated that Fairfield staff feels they can enter my hotel room without notification for such a trivial matter as notification that they elevator will be out of service for 2 hours. I had another 1 night reservation later this week that I will be cancelling, I know the Hyatt on Stephens doesn't have this policy!

I will opt to stay at a hotel that respects my privacy.Apartment rentals aren't allowed to enter an apartment without prior notice in non-emergency situations, can't I expect the same from a Fairfield hotel?

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. kab820kfb stated that there is a room for improvement of entering my room while not there without justification. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of fairfield inn and suites customer care. Fairfield Inn And Suites needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned fairfield inn and suites customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Fairfield Inn And Suites. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Hyatt.

Had an Experience with Fairfield Inn And Suites?

Comments

kab820kfb
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States #1219660

It is also strange that an 11 floor building in middle of the city shuts down their elevator at check out time, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm?I think they were trying to save money at their customer's inconvenience.

We carried 6 bags down 7 flights of stairs only to find we could not exit the bottom floor but had to come back to 2nd floor to leave the building.Thank you US based Marriott!