Fairfield Inn And Suites - Invasion of Privacy at Fairfield Inn Calgary Downtown AB Canada

Hotel was clean and had a room with both refrigerator & microwave.We had a nice view and staff seemed courteous when checking in at 2:30 pm.

We went down to the front desk at 3:00 pm for directions to see some sights, then left the hotel. We returned 4 hours later to find the hotel staff, on direction of the Front Office Supervisor, Becky Chapman, entered our room and put a notice from same Supervisor at our TV which is more than 16 feet into our room. Our suitcases, personal items, including jewelry were open in the room. Never have I seen where staff enters your room to give you a notice that the elevator will not be working for two hours.

I understand putting a letter on the door or under the door, but to come 16 feet into your room without notification and when your not there is an invasion of your privacy! I called down to the front desk to get an answer. I spoke with this Becky Chapman, who told me that is was the hotel's right for the housekeeping and maintenance to come into our room whenever they needed to. The only way they would not come in to put this notice 16 feet into our room is if I had put the "do not disturb" on our door.

I told her I disagreed and was going to report this to Marriott, which I did. Let's see what they do? I feel violated that Fairfield staff feels they can enter my hotel room without notification for such a trivial matter as notification that they elevator will be out of service for 2 hours. I had another 1 night reservation later this week that I will be cancelling, I know the Hyatt on Stephens doesn't have this policy!

I will opt to stay at a hotel that respects my privacy.Apartment rentals aren't allowed to enter an apartment without prior notice in non-emergency situations, can't I expect the same from a Fairfield hotel?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Entering my room while not there without justification

Reason of review:
Fairfield Inn
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #926256 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Fairfield Inn And Suites? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 28 #1219660 Santa Fe, New Mexico

It is also strange that an 11 floor building in middle of the city shuts down their elevator at check out time, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm? I think they were trying to save money at their customer's inconvenience. We carried 6 bags down 7 flights of stairs only to find we could not exit the bottom floor but had to come back to 2nd floor to leave the building. Thank you US based Marriott!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.