Fairfield Inn And Suites - Invasion of Privacy at Fairfield Inn Calgary Downtown AB Canada
Hotel was clean and had a room with both refrigerator & microwave.We had a nice view and staff seemed courteous when checking in at 2:30 pm.
We went down to the front desk at 3:00 pm for directions to see some sights, then left the hotel. We returned 4 hours later to find the hotel staff, on direction of the Front Office Supervisor, Becky Chapman, entered our room and put a notice from same Supervisor at our TV which is more than 16 feet into our room. Our suitcases, personal items, including jewelry were open in the room. Never have I seen where staff enters your room to give you a notice that the elevator will not be working for two hours.
I understand putting a letter on the door or under the door, but to come 16 feet into your room without notification and when your not there is an invasion of your privacy! I called down to the front desk to get an answer. I spoke with this Becky Chapman, who told me that is was the hotel's right for the housekeeping and maintenance to come into our room whenever they needed to. The only way they would not come in to put this notice 16 feet into our room is if I had put the "do not disturb" on our door.
I told her I disagreed and was going to report this to Marriott, which I did. Let's see what they do? I feel violated that Fairfield staff feels they can enter my hotel room without notification for such a trivial matter as notification that they elevator will be out of service for 2 hours. I had another 1 night reservation later this week that I will be cancelling, I know the Hyatt on Stephens doesn't have this policy!
I will opt to stay at a hotel that respects my privacy.Apartment rentals aren't allowed to enter an apartment without prior notice in non-emergency situations, can't I expect the same from a Fairfield hotel?
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Entering my room while not there without justification
You May Also Like
- "I have visited many Motel 6 hotels over the years. I am staying at a neighborhood motel 6 due to home renevations / remodeling. This is by far the worst..."
- "This is a detailed review about Don Laughlin's Riverside Hotel and Casino in Laughlin Nevada. Visited on 7-11-16 to 7-14-16. Review written on 7-16-16. OVERALL RATING: 4/5 HOTEL ROOM: 4/5This was our..."
- "Stayed at Motel 6 in Woodland Wash. 3 weekends ago because I was cleaning out and packing up my recently deceased mother. When I checked out I informed the..."
- "No where on the U.S. Legal Forms website does it state that if you don't download their forms within a certain amount of time you FORFEIT THE MONEY YOU PAY..."
- "This is extortion. It's not legal. It's not moral. It's pointless as well I have screen shots from a professor who when suggested alternatives . I was turned down. The..."
- "This insane place killed my Umbrella Cockatoo Tatoo on December 8, 2015. I brought him in for a simple grooming and they negligently handled him. Darlene attempted to groom Tatoo..."
- "I ordered a miu miu shoes online, they came the wrong size so I went to the store itself to exchange them...they did not have them in their inventory. So..."
- "I been smoking your brand for years and I'm seriously thinking about changing brands due to the poor quality I am now getting. Your cigarettes are now much less packed..."
- "This company offers drop shipping on their sites so you can sell their items on e-Bay.com and the items never sells, all crappy stuff. You call them to cancel and..."